Snippets from a bead artist.

2.15.2013

Bead soup is here! (And some more links...)

My lovely partner for the BSBP sent me lovelies!  I am thrilled that we were able to connect so quickly, and am so glad to have met Bobbie of Beadsong.  She's a wonderful person, and we're having fun getting to know one another.  We seem to have lots in common!

Without further ado, here is the amazing soup she sent to me!! She packaged it with a gorgeous red ribbon, and sent me a beautiful card.  (I felt kind of  bad, because the day I was getting things together to mail out, my husband was in a mad rush to get out the door for work and I didn't have time to write a note at all!)


The beautiful lampworked flower focal bead is by Elizabeth Girod,  and look at all the beads Bobbie included in my soup!!  I love the clasp she made especially for my piece, too - so jealous, as I can't work with wire no matter what I do.  I'm lucky if I can make a wrapped loop without hurting myself, lol.  I wanted to get a photo of allllll the beads together, but the amethyst, onyx, agate and red onyx would NOT sit still on my white background and I had to resort to the bead mat.



I think it will be a challenge for me to work with these colors, and that's always a good thing - streeeeeeeetch!!!

I hope that Bobbie enjoys playing in the soups I sent her,  I was extra pleased that she is also a fan of my friend Julie Canon of Julsbeads, and that she likes the focal sets I sent her!  I sent two soups because I just wasn't sure what would be best.  They kind of coordinate, so they could be combined, or used separately.  Bobbie's blogged about our soups here.  :)  (The gold clasp in the first photo is a custom clasp made for me by Hodgepodgerie on Etsy - HIGHLY recommended!!)




My apologies for the short post today, but I'm swamped and have to run.  Cheers!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you like them - even if those pesky gemstones decided to be shy and tried to roll away from the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what a beautiful soup you received AND sent! That red and green is just fabulous...yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are beautiful treasure!
    You sent and received beautiful soups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by all the blogs taking part in the bead soup blog party. Cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great soups! And I have to tell you...I am blown away by some of the pieces you've shown in other posts (choose your own adventure...which is an awesome name). Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting my bsbp reveal today and leaving such a wonderful comment! I appreciate it very much. I had no idea I have a "signature" style or color. lol! But I don't pay attention I guess ;-) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment, it means a lot to me! Please don't be upset if I don't have time to respond personally to each comment - but be sure that I read each and every one of them! :)